A Scots College old boy who sent a series of messages downplaying the seriousness of sexual assault allegations against three current students has resigned from his position as boss of freight giant ACFS Port Logistics, after the comments were published by this masthead on Monday.
Arthur Tzaneros resigned as managing director and chief executive after deleting the messages sent in a WhatsApp group of Scots old boys, which called the 14-year-old victim of the alleged assault by three students a “willing participant” in the attack, and labelled the students involved “deadshits”. ACFS Port Logistics is a container logistics giant run by the billionaire Tzaneros family.
The messages were sent to more than 100 fellow old boys on Friday before being reported in The Sydney Morning Herald this week, leading to Tzaneros’ resignation less than an hour after this masthead’s story was published.
“On Friday, I made comments on a private WhatsApp group about a serious and sensitive situation that’s currently in the news. I deeply regret what I said, and for showing a complete lack of sensitivity to that situation,” Tzaneros said in a statement to business partners, first reported by The Australian Financial Review.
“There is no excuse. I hope that by stepping aside, I am removing this behaviour from consideration of ACFS’s day-to-day operations.”
Tzaneros’ father Terry is expected to take the reins of the company following the resignation.
One of the WhatsApp messages from Arthur Tzaneros described the alleged rape as “fake news”. He also said the alleged incident was “no Skaf case”, an apparent reference to the notorious Sydney brothers Mohammed and Bilal, who, alongside at least 14 other men, raped six schoolgirls over several weeks in 2000.
A 13-year-old boy and two 14-year-old boys have been charged with aggravated sexual assault in the company of others, and aggravated sexual touching of another person.
When contacted by this masthead on Monday, Tzaneros deleted the WhatsApp messages and said: “I unreservedly apologise for my comments. I deeply regret saying what I said, and for showing a complete lack of sensitivity to the harm of this situation. There is no excuse, and furthermore I am remorseful for my commets [sic].”
The messages emerged as several Scots parents expressed a long-standing school culture that was dismissive of women, and was roundly criticised for its approach to sexual consent education. Some parents have called for the immediate resignation of principal Dr Ian Lambert, who had announced earlier this year that he would leave the college at the end of 2027.
Tzaneros and ACFS did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Tuesday morning.
Arthur and Terry Tzaneros co-founded ACFS Port Logistics in 2005, which emerged as a giant of the industry before falling into administration earlier this month. The company went into administration as the younger Tzaneros holidayed in Mykonos and Sicily, the Financial Review reported, while being chased over late payments.
In the message announcing his resignation, Arthur Tzaneros said his family were “fully committed” to securing the future of the business for its employees and business partners.
“Everyone who relies on ACFS Port Logistics Australia, including our customers, partners and most importantly our 1600 employees, deserve stability and totally focused leadership,” he wrote. “Terry is the best person to provide that for you all at this time, as the administration process continues.”
The Australian Financial Review’s 2026 Rich List estimated the father and son’s combined net worth at $1.61 billion.
Be the first to know when major news happens. Sign up for breaking news alerts on email or turn on notifications in the app.
From our partners
Read the full article here















